Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tuesday, 7/17/2012

"Not sure if I want to play yet. I'll hang out here with the trashcan."

"OMGTRASHTRUCK!"

Bubble time




Keen twins




That afternoon I took Hank to the vet because he seemed to be losing his appetite. He has always been a picky eater and it was not unusual for him to skip meals. But during the previous week, our petsitter Susan noticed a drastic change in his behavior and appetite from her previous visit. She was able to get him to eat if she crushed his food though. At his appointment, we discovered that he had a soft palate tumor (on the back of the roof of his mouth) that was inhibiting his ability to eat. Meredith the vet and I discussed Hank's options. Surgery was possible, but the prognosis was very doubtful and it would be painful for Hank. I decided that was not the right option for him. It was time to make him comfortable at home and prepare to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment