Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Friday, 6/29/2012

Greg woke up with a fever. We decided to continue on with our plan to drive up to WV.
Picked up more ibuprofen and - more
importantly - a balloon on the way out of town
Morning nap!
What did we do before DVD players?
Tunnel!
"Let me show you how I feel through art, Mama."
Approximately twenty minutes after arriving to my parents house, a derecho storm came pounding through. It was one of the most intense meteorological events that I have ever witnessed. (The tornado in second grade still wins.) The sky turned black and all of the sudden there was an incredibly strong wind. Seconds later, a loud crack was heard. I thought it was thunder. No, it was a tree hitting my parents' deck, narrowly missing the house.



Still with a fever :(
Debris that came over the house
No power = hanging out on the front porch
"I know our arrival is exciting, Opa, but I think this one was over the top."

No pre-bed milk, Greg is perfectly fine with a replacement Propel



Mammatus clouds = Mother Nature's gift for
making it through a nasty storm
And they are this meteorologist's favorite type of cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment