Sunday, September 18, 2011

Friday, 8/19/2011

That day we traveled to West Virginia to visit my parents and participate in the Parkersburg Half Marathon. Andrew ran it and my dad and I were in the bike patrol that helps out the runners in need.

Gregory is not a huge fan of long car rides at this point and he doesn't like to sleep in the car either. I came equipped with as many activities as I could think of.
He read books

He read books (both right-side up and upside down)
He talked to his seahorse
He ate snacks
We walked around at rest areas
Andrew tossed him in the air
We walked around at lunch (in Wytheville)
TUNNEL!
"I love tunnels!"
He fussed (completely overtired)

TUNNEL
He put a plastic lid on his head
"That's funny, isn't it?"


He put a plastic lid on his head some more
I put the seahorse on his head
He stacked books on his head
He put Mortimer the Moose on his head
More walking at a rest area!

We finally arrived. We were all very happy to get out of the car.
"Opa lets me play with this keyboard!"

We went downtown for Andrew to pick up his race packet and for the pre-race pasta dinner. The entire event is a big deal for Parkersburg and it is always covered in the newspaper. Some familiar faces made it in the paper the following day.
Greg's newspaper debut - slightly blocked!
Posing at the finish line
Now with 40% of the bike patrol!

Dancing with Daddy
"That was fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment