Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Saturday, 8/20/2011

August 20 was the Parkersburg Half Marathon. This was Andrew's third time as a runner in this race. He finished the 13.1 miles with a personal best time of 2:16:04.69. We are very proud of him!

This was my third time as a bike patrol participant. My dad has led the bike patrol for several years. We ride the course and look for any runners/walkers in distress and help them out. This year I gave a woman some blister protection and got water for several participants.
Getting ready on race day
Pre-race picture
Starting line
Parkersburg City Hall
Have no fear, the bike patrol is here!
Before the national anthem
And they're off!
Andrew starts his race (waving on the right side)
Go, Andrew, go! (waving on the right side)
The runners and walkers head up the first hill
Elite male runners at the mile 2 water stop
Elite male runners start the bridge
Elite female runners at mile 2 water stop
Panoramic on the bridge
(click to enlarge)
Runners/walkers on Gihon Road
There's a familiar face!
Looking good, Andrew!
See you at the finish line!

Meanwhile at my parents' home, Greg enjoyed the morning with Gran.
"Good morning, Gran!"
"What is out there to explore?"
"I approve stroller rides in pajamas!"
"Let me crank up the cute meter to maximum!"
"That was a fun walk!"
"This swing is fun!"
"I can check out the whole backyard!"
Playing with stacking cups
"This ball looks familiar..."
"I hope Uncle Dave doesn't mind if I borrow his record player."

Playing with the record player
"Let's take a rest, Mr. Seahorse."
"Gran, this toy is a bit tricky..."
"I read on the kitchen floor at home too!"
"That lamp is funny!"
Hamburger, hot dogs, corn on the cob = yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment