Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Backpacking prep, reunited with Andrew and Greg

I left the house at 5:45 PM on Friday to head out the Girl Scout council. 

Two of my friends, whom I have met through Girl Scouts, and myself are leading a week-long backpacking trip with 8-9 teenage ladies in June. This is a great introduction into the "sport," and the girls are able to borrow from the council all of the backpacking-specific items except boots. No purchases of backpack, sleeping bag, tent, etc required!

We met this past Friday evening through Saturday afternoon to meet the potential hikers and get a few necessary things done. They were fitted to their packs, sampled trail-worthy breakfast and lunch items, and planned dinner menus. The parents joined us for the last few hours of the session to cover what to bring and expectations for the trip.

I returned home at ~5:35 PM on Saturday. I was reunited with my boys after nearly twenty-four hours. It was the longest that I have been away from Greg in his ten months of life! Andrew reported that all went well, except for Greg bruising his forehead approximately fifteen minutes after I left on Friday. Greg took the bottle like a champ, acting like he had been using it all of the time.

Andrew will be the first to admit that he didn't take any pictures while I was gone, but I did take a few upon my return!
The boys had a good time together!
Traversing the kitchen floor under the highchair

No comments:

Post a Comment