Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First haircut, bike trailer, NC storms

Our big event on Saturday was Greg's first haircut! We have trimmed around his ears several times in the past, but it was time to shorten the hair all over his cute baby noggin. We squeezed his big legs into the Bumbo and sat him on the kitchen island. I was curious what he would think of the hair clippers. Would he be afraid and cry? Would he sit still? We were pleasantly surprised with his reaction. He was happy as a clam as long as he had a toy to hold.
Ready for his haircut!
Before

We began the haircut with a ceremonious trimming of the baby curls. Everyone loved his curls and I was sad to cut them off. I was able to get a good collection of curl to save for his baby book.
Baby curls!
Cutting of the curls
Goodbye baby curls

Then we moved onto the rest of the hair. Currently the longest clipper guide that we have is the #8, which cuts a length of one inch. We buzzed his whole head with it. Goodbye long baby hair! We also ended up using the #7 (7/8 inch) on the sides and back.
"Here Mom, I'll do it!"
"Well, this is interesting."
"What do you think, Dad?"
"I'd like a little more off the back, please."

Andrew and I love Greg's new haircut! I am going to purchase a longer clipper guide - either a 1 1/4 inch or 1 1/2 inch - so that we can leave the hair on the top a little longer.
After
Ready for summer

During Greg's second nap, Andrew and I put together the bike trailer. I was able to purchase the Burley Bee on sale at REI. It is a great product and easy to put together! We hooked it up to my mountain bike and I took it for a spin up and down our street without baby. It is so light and rolls well - you don't even feel the trailer behind you! I am really looking forward to using it with Greg.
Yay! Bike trailer!

More shenanigans from the afternoon:
"I'm going to check out Hank's crib."
"Mama, you're so silly, I'm ready to get out now."
Getting used to wearing the helmet
Good ol' Max

Late Saturday afternoon, our state was hit with several intense tornadoes. We were lucky to only experience heavy rainfall and gusty winds. Other North Carolinians to our south and east were not as fortunate and our thoughts are with them.
Scout hides from the storm by staring at the wall
Flooding stream

No comments:

Post a Comment