Monday, April 4, 2011

Mulch, MLG, visit with Jess, toddler rails

We stayed busy over the weekend!

A few highlights from Saturday:
Andrew started off the morning with picking up two cubic yards of mulch in the truck (one yard per trip) and spreading it on the front beds.
Greg climbed his first stairs!
We went on a walk with the dogs in the neighborhood after dinner.
Our friend Jess visited in the evening.
Mucho MLG for me - see below.

Sunday highlights:
Pancakes and bacon.
More MLG.
Errands.

On Sunday I picked up the toddler rails for Greg's crib. To the average person, this seems like no big deal. But now I'll tell you that I ordered this item in February... of 2010! I'm glad that long battle is over.

Throughout the weekend, I spent as much time as it would allow watching a professional video game tournament online. I love to play and follow a game called Halo, which is on its fourth installment - Halo: Reach. I'm not the average demographic for a Halo gamer, being a 30-year-old mother and wife, but there are others out there like me! This past weekend was the first tournament of the season for Major League Gaming. Andrew and I also attended an MLG event last August when they visited Raleigh. My parents were very gracious and traveled down to take care of Greg while we were there.
Major League Gaming event in Raleigh - August 2010 (click to enlarge picture)

My husband is always very helpful with Greg, but he went above and beyond the call this weekend so I could sit in front of a computer to watch other people play a video game. That is true love. Thanks, hubby!

Cute #1
Cute #2
Cute #3
Banging on the front window - Hank begrudgingly approves
Climbing the stairs with Daddy
Exploring under the kitchen table

No comments:

Post a Comment