Saturday, February 26, 2011

Consignment sale, mango, garden box, roses, lost sock

I started off this Saturday morning as I like to do - at a consignment sale! This one was The Friendship Closet in Apex. Andrew and I went to the same one a year ago to pick up itty bitty baby clothes. Now I'm getting size 18 month stuff! This boy is growing so fast! My biggest win of the consignment sale season thus far was a basic exersaucer that I got for a friend today - $2.50!

I hurried home in time for Andrew to make it to his weekly football fun. No injuries and a good time was had.

Greg tried mango for the first time today and it was a hit! The actual mango had been sitting on the counter staring at me for a few days. I had never eaten a mango and I certainly hadn't tried to prepare one. So after calling my mom twice and consulting the internet for two written descriptions and one video, I felt as comfortable as I was going to be with the task at hand. Success! The mango also pureed nicely in a few seconds.

Andrew built our second garden box today. (He and my dad built the first one last summer.) He was very happy with the results. Tomorrow we'll fill it with the special dirt mixture. Soon it will be time for planting seeds!
Andrew works on the new garden box
Foremen Max and Scout observe Andrew's work
Swing time!

We have roses in our backyard. The previous homeowners planted them and took good care of them. Seven years ago, they moved out and we moved in. The roses have been pretty much neglected since then. My parents take pity on the poor plants every once and a while and will trim them when they visit. Despite the roses' hardship, most of them have carried on and still bloom beautifully. Today I went out and pruned the roses, and I actually enjoyed it. Well, minus the thorn stabs. Hopefully the attention won't shock the plants too much!

Greg lost his first sock tonight. We retraced our steps at the store and the restaurant, but to no avail. I am surprised that we were able to make it almost nine months before this event. Farewell, tan sock. We hardly knew ye since we just switched sizes.

"This bed is pretty comfy! Kind of smelly though..."

No comments:

Post a Comment