Friday, February 25, 2011

Errands, walk prep, blanket troubles

The weather was rainy as we awoke this morning, but the clouds soon scattered and we had a beautiful day!

Greg and I ventured out to run a few errands. As I got his stroller out of the truck at one stop, I realized that if I were by myself, I could have gone into the store, picked up what I needed, paid for it, and returned to the vehicle by the time the two of us even headed in there. Ah, but it is so worth it!

In the afternoon, I decided to take everyone for a walk. This is generally a 10-minute preparation process. Get out the backpack for Greg, put on my shoes / hat / sunglasses, get waste bags for the dogs, get all of their collars / leashes / etc, put on Greg's shoes and (optional) jacket, put Greg in the backpack, put on the dogs' gear, put on the backpack, pick up the dogs' leashes, head for the door. If I'm lucky, I have remembered to grab a house key somewhere in this process.

So today we went through all of the steps, walked out of the front door, stood on the porch, and found that it had started raining again. Really? ... REALLY? After composing myself, I decided that a little bit of rain wasn't going to slow us down. Besides, it appeared to me that it was not going to last long. Thankfully the rain did cease soon and we had an enjoyable walk.

Greg had a tough time of it for a moment today. I was at the kitchen sink when he started screaming in the family room. I looked over to him and found that he had rolled over while grabbing his blanket and was now entrapped in it with his head covered. Poor buddy! Oh, the things a baby can do!

We finished off the evening with another walk with Andrew. The dogs were excited to have two walks in one day!

An apprehensive Hank eyes the intruding baby
You're never too young to love playing with boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment