Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hard boiled eggs, banana strike, time with friends

Seems like about once a year, I can't remember how long it takes to hard boil an egg. So I call up my mom for guidance, but she generally can't remember either. We always have a good laugh about it. Google helped me out on this one and sent me here, which instructed the following:
  1. PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling. REMOVE from burner. COVER pan.
  2. LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra large).
  3. DRAIN immediately and serve warm. OR, cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.

The eggs turned out super. Why the eggs? Another new food for Greg! I hard boiled them so that I can give him the egg yolk, which is the only part a baby should eat before 12 months. I mixed the egg yolk with some breastmilk to even out the consistency. He loved it!

In other food news, he is not digging bananas anymore. I thought it was that he didn't like the banana chunks, but I mashed it up completely this morning and he still didn't want it. We'll take a break from bananas then and try again later.

Greg figured out how to get the lid off of the Duplo box. The lid was not latched all of the way, but we were still impressed that he was able to do it.
"I have a lot of building to do..."

We met with some friends today. It is always nice to get some social interaction to break up an otherwise quiet day. Greg had fun hanging out and cruising on the couch.
Having a good debate
Cruising on the couch

40 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment