Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Superyard on Craigslist, playground fun, Happy Birthday to Andrew

I had been on the hunt for a superyard play yard on Craigslist for quite a while. They are posted occasionally, but they are often priced close to what you can buy a new one for on Amazon. Yesterday I did my usual search and a new listing appeared! Eight panels for $35, which is half the price of a new set. I called immediately to say that I was interested.

The seller and I agreed to a pick up on Wednesday. He gave me his address and later I looked it up on Google Maps to get an idea of where it was. Then I typed it into the GPS before Greg and I left to go pick it up. I drove down the street looking at the house numbers: **0, **2, **4... and reached the end of the cul-de-sac with no **6 in existence. Google found **6, the GPS found **6. Where is **6? Luckily the seller was easy to reach on his phone. Either I got it wrong or he told me the wrong number. The real one was **4.

The superyard itself was in good shape and the seller was very nice. A Craigslist success!

Greg and I met up with some playgroup friends at a local playground this afternoon. He went swinging and then played in the mulch with his pals.
Greg's friend shuffled over to say hello
"Hi!"
Checking out the mulch and sticks

Today is Andrew's birthday. Happy birthday, hubby! I got a card for him "from Greg" that had a frog on it and said "Hoppy birthday, Daddy." Father and son celebrated the day by reading the "best book ever" - Nobody Listens to Andrew.
Reading before bed

No comments:

Post a Comment