Monday, March 21, 2011

Meeting with friends, Gran and Opa arrive, birthday cake

On Friday, we were to meet with two of my friends around 11:30 AM. I warned them that Greg's napping schedule is shifting, so that we might be late. We arrived at 12:25 PM. They were very kind to be that flexible! We met to discuss the Girl Scout backpacking trip that the three of us are leading in June. I am really looking forward to it!

My parents arrived for a weekend visit in the 4:00 hour. Greg was sleeping when they got here, so we were as quiet as we could be. When he woke up, he was a little weary of our company, but he warmed up to them quickly!

We walked up to Five Guys for dinner. It was a nice temperature outside for the stroll there and back.

After our return, it was soon Greg's bed time. Gran and Opa helped get him ready for bed and read his book to him. He showed off his new talent - turning the pages!

Mom made Andrew a red velvet cake for his birthday. After the quickest rendition of "Happy Birthday" that I could mumble, we dug in to it for dessert.

We finished off the evening watching the DVRed nightly news and an episode of Dirty Jobs.

I forgot to download Mom's pictures from the weekend on to my computer before they left, so I won't have many pictures to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment