Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Perkin's, 3 naps to 2

I was excited when I woke up Tuesday morning. Greg and I were going to meet playgroup at Perkin's for brunch!

I have fond memories of going to Perkin's. When I was little, we would sometimes stop there on the way home from horseback riding lessons for dinner or just a cup of hot chocolate. In college, my brother and I would go out to eat there with our paternal grandmother, Oma.

Yesterday Greg tried to thwart my Perkin's plan. I put him down for his nap at 9:00 AM, but he was not pleased with this decision. He cried and eventually he was so far gone that I went in to calm him down. He finally fell asleep at 9:45 AM. He woke up at 11:15 AM and I had to rush to get us ready and out the door. We were 15 minutes late, but we made it. The omelet and pancakes were delicious!

We went on another walk with the dogs in the afternoon. It makes me laugh when Greg grabs onto my hat from his position in the backpack!

Lately his third nap has been starting later and later in the day. It was becoming apparent that it may be time to try to go to two naps. Yesterday he took a good nap before we went to Perkin's, then he was happy to stay awake until 1:30 PM. The next nap lasted until 3:00 PM. Often times he will stay awake for two hours in between naps, but he has also been extending that time frame lately. 5:00 PM rolled around and he was still happy, so I decided that Tuesday was going to be a two-nap day! He started getting fussy around 6:45 PM, so we put him to bed ~20-25 minutes earlier than usual. He woke up this morning at 6:47 AM, which is pretty average for him, so the earlier bedtime did not cause an early wake-up. Yay!

Pictures from hanging out in the morning:
A new place to stand up
"Mom keeps a plant in her bathtub - that's silly!"
More drawers to play with

No comments:

Post a Comment