Friday, March 11, 2011

Off day, power strip light, chunky foods, walk, Japan

Our day was a little "off" today. Greg woke up a little early and his naps were shorter than usual, pushing everything earlier. By evening he was getting fussy. We tried to calm him with a bath, but that didn't help. So he went to bed early. Hopefully it won't affect tomorrow's wake-up time!

Greg is fascinated by the power strip under one of our bedroom dressers. It has a bright red light on it. Greg wants it. He will crawl over to the dresser almost every time we're in the room, peer under it, and reach out for the power strip. Unfortunately for him, he won't be able to grab it until his arms are much longer.
Greg eyes the elusive red light
"How can I get to the light?"
"I'm going to have to ponder this..."

Greg is letting me know that he does not like any chunks in his food, thank you very much. He loved the fresh egg yolk yesterday = no chunks. Today I was unable to completely mash up the yolk = chunks = Greg's mouth clamped shut. At the end of his meal, he let me give him one last spoonful of egg yolk. Then he proceeded to hold part of it in his mouth for 5-10 minutes. I tried to tell him that if he would just eat it, the nasty food would go away, but nine-month-olds aren't the best at understanding language yet.
"Is there something on my face?"

We went on a walk with friends this afternoon and even the dogs came along! We all enjoyed the fresh air. It was probably the longest that I have carried Greg in the backpack, so I bet I'll be sore tomorrow.

A few more pictures:
"This Duplo is delicious!"
Standing up with help from Daddy

I just watched some news coverage of the earthquakes and tsunami that hit Japan in the last twenty-four hours. There were horrific images and videos of the earth shaking and the water flooding the land. Japan's people are in my thoughts as they recover from this devastating event.

No comments:

Post a Comment