Saturday, March 12, 2011

Standing in playpen, backyard fun, brushing teeth, picky eater, DST

We started off our Saturday with Andrew's usual football and I made a batch of broccoli for Greg while he napped.

Greg pulled himself up in his playpen today. It was the first time that I have seen it, but he may have done it before for his daddy.
"I can stand up in here on my own!"

The weather was a lot warmer than it has been for the past week, so the boys spent some time in the backyard. First they checked out the fish in the pond, then played in the sandbox, and finished with some swinging. I had been trying to stop him from nibbling on the sandbox toys, but I gave up. We keep it covered when not in use, so I don't think there is any contamination concerns.
"There are a lot of goldfish in there, Dad!"
"This starfish is delicious!"
"I'm going to see if this pot is delicious..."
"Swing me higher, Daddy!"

We ran some errands late this afternoon. Among other things, we picked up a toothbrush and toothpaste for Greg. The pediatrician said that we need to start brushing his teeth right away, which makes sense and I totally agree with it. We'll see how that goes!

Just to keep me on my toes, Greg decided that the mashed bananas were okay today. He still didn't like the egg yolk, but we mixed it with cereal and he ate it right up. Then he wasn't hungry at dinner too. Always keeping me guessing these days!

It is time to "spring forward" for Daylight Saving Time. I think this change will be easier for a baby to deal with than the one in the fall. I didn't pay attention to when the time change was this past fall and made flight reservations that got us home late. In hindsight it may have helped Greg get used to the change faster, but that evening was not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment